Do you remember my review on the Mamma Can Do It Women's Relaxed Peplum (if not, check it out here)? Well, today I want to tell you all about the MCDI Girl's Relaxed Peplum. The two patterns came out at the same time and they came out as compliment patterns so there is a lot about them that are similar.
For example, the PDF has all of the same bonuses:
- Layers to print only the size(s) you want
- A finished measurement chart
- Fabric and supplies recommendations (Kaylie is wearing DBP)
- Files to print on Letter, A4 and A0
- Step by step full color, detailed photo instructions
- Links to tips, tricks and hacks from the testers directly in the pattern
There are even more options for the Girl's Relaxed Peplum then there is for the Women's. Go figure, those little ones get it all! 🤣🤣
- Short (this is the option Kaylie is wearing)
- 3/4 length
- Circle peplum shirt, tunic and dress length
- Half circle peplum shirt, tunic and dress length
- Gathered peplum shirt, tunic and dress length
- High/low peplum shirt to tunic length and tunic to dress length (this is the option Kaylie is wearing)
Neckline options with pattern peices:
- banding (this is the option Kaylie is wearing)
Kaylie fell in love with this peplum and the colors right away! She doesn't wear it very often, but she tends to do that, love something and then not wear it. Usually due to the fact that she doesn't want to ruin it, or she secretly hates them 😕 🤷 It's kind of hard to tell with a 10 year old.
Overall, this pattern was a dream to work with and came together beautifully! I didn't have to blend sizes because Kaylie fits squarely within size 12, which is great because she still has plenty of time to grow within this pattern. Some of the options that come with this pattern are:
- Size 2T to size 16 or chest size 19.75 to 33.5 (the girl's and women's overlap, giving you some sizes in the teen range)
- There is the matching Women's pattern (click here)
- A bundle option to give extra discounts (click here)
- Super Hero Add on for a quick and easy Halloween or Super Hero costume (click here)
Oh, I almost forgot! I can't believe I almost forgot about the fabric this Relaxed Peplum was made with. Mily Mae had this fantastic deal on mystery boxes and I was lucky enough to snag one and holy cow!! There were so many beautiful fabrics stuffed in that box. These two were perfect for this project! They are both double brushed poly and the only trouble they gave me was deciding which should be the top and which the skirt!
The photo props were Coby's idea! They look so good and make my baby girl look so grown up. Why do children think they need to grow up so fast?